Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Get to know your team!

Hey Teammates!
In an effort to get to know each other a little better before the actual "ride season" begins we're putting together a "Who's Who on the West Michigan Ride Team." Could you take a few moments to answer these questions about yourself for us to post here? Just send a message to ridewestmichigan@gmail.com with your reponses!
 
Who are you?
Where do you live?
Family?
What do you do in your "real" (ie non JDRF) life?
How long have you been on the team?
What's your connection to JDRF / T1D? (If you wanna share)
What's #1 on your cycling bucket list?
Your favorite post-ride food? Drink?
What's your favorite cycling memory?
If you could ride 25 miles w/ anyone in history, real OR imaginary, who would it be?
When we find a cure for T1D I'm gonna _______!

Also, a picture of yourself would be great, too! It's nice to see what our teammates look like without helmets and sunglasses.
 
We're looking forward to learning more about you!
Your ride committee

2 comments:

J D Stone said...

I'm JD Stone from Holland, MI
Married with no kids, except those of my JDRF team mates.
In "real" life, I'm an attorney.
No personal connection to TD1 except through my JDRF team members who I see dealing with the daily impacts os TD 1 in a person's life.

I've been on the West Mich team for 6 years and have ridden Death Valley 4 times ( or at least part of it)

# 1 on cycling bucket is Death Valley Ride with no wind and temps below 100.

Post ride - food is Pizza Beverage - a cold glass of Fat Tire Ale.

Best cycling memory was the first ride in Death Valley when the team slowed down and dragged me along for several miles. We sang songs and told jokes, and the tired legs didn't seem to matter any more.

And then there was the day Paul Brown and I raced MC and Kaat on tandems at Gratten Raceway. We were close for the first of three laps, then they found that gear that we didn't have.

Best 25 mile ride with anyone - would be MC, Kaat, Jasker, Berger and Ross.

When TD1 is cured I will celebrate with the rest of the MGL West ride team, and pick up the dinner tab.

ZipMike said...

I'm looking forward to that dinner JD!