Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Mukluk Day Out

OK, so, Mukluks. What's a Mukluk? It's a fatbike. What's a fatbike, then? This:



A fatbike is a machine for taking you freakin' ANYWHERE. Superficially, they're mountain bikes, but instead of 2ish inch tires, these are built around silly-huge 4 or even 5 inch wide rubber. All that tire means you can run single-digit air pressure, and that means you float over sand, snow, glop, whatever.

Sand? Wherever might one find sand in Western Michigan??? Well, I found some today!



Yeah, those are my tracks, there. Note how I sink in much less than a person walking! Oh, and, check out my sweet stem cap:



Next summer I aim to ride over the beach, into the water, and out to the sand bar. With tires like these, I think my chances are pretty dang good!



So, Mukkery. It's a whole new way to get yer Bike Face on! And you have the opportunity to win one! $5 per ticket at VCC, and the proceeds go to JDRF. How cool is that?!?!?

Hey, y'all have a great Christmas, OK? See ya soon, I hope...

No comments: