Monday, September 29, 2008

Sunday Team Ride

No, we didn't have 5000 people like the Apple Cider ride, we had 5. But as the saying goes, "It's not the size of the hook, but how you wiggle the worm". We wiggled it for about 58 miles.

Attendees:
Jack "Lefty" Clark
Herb "Click" Baushke
Amy "Herb is my sweet spot" Fisher
Eric "Spit" can't remember his last name, but is Herb's step-brother
Don "Gravel" Milanowski

We started out @ Muskegon's Pier Marquette beach & headed north through North Muskegon & Block House Hill, over to Duck Lake & the lighthouse @ White Lake channel & back. It was a great ride, cool & a few good climbs. The roads, with the exception of Scenic Drive in North Muskegon, were all nice.

I hope everybody got in a good ride this weekend.

Jack

1 comment:

ZipMike said...

I did 50 from home. I did a hilly loop in the beginning East of home and then West over US131 past Dorr. I continued West past Burnips to 38th and turned around. I stopped at the Bunker Hill diner for a burger (an advantage to solo riding!) A few miles down the road I ran into my cousin Tom and talked to him for a while. Overall, nice ride. My legs are a little tired, but I felt good out there! Glad to hear my teammates had a nice ride to the North.