Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Family Fun Day May 10th 9:00-1:30

Thank you! to everyone who has mentioned my event this weekend. I thought it was about time I mentioned it and made my first blog entry. As my son would say - "Oh Snap". Hopefully you have been bombarded by the media coverage (Rockford Squire, Rockford Independent and the GR Press) and may have even visited one of the websites that listed the event( JDRFwestmichigan.com/ride , cannontwp.org and GRnow.com) As I am a rookie to this raising money stuff, I am excited about the community support for my event and would be glad to share lessons learned with anyone willing to listen. OK - here are the details... We are giving away a bike for the best poker hands from a trail walk/ride, along with a bike accessory kit (pump, lock, bag), and a JDRF Sports pack for 2nd and 3rd place respectively. We also have over $1000 in merchandise and gift certificates to auction. There are even some Mother's Day items like: Jewelry, Artwork, Chocolate, Restaurant Gift Cards and more. It will be action packed day starting at 9:00am at Cannon Township Office (anyone attending the ride last weekend rode by it) on the SE corner of Meyers Lake and Belding Road in Rockford. The event runs until 1:30 and we will have snacks, water and Starbucks coffee. Hope to see you there!

No comments: